June 15, 2010

Vintage Week at Adorn

Juliet at Adorn has devoted her website to all things vintage this week. Click here to read a little something I wrote for her...

And here's a few pix Juliet didn't use. They are works by Julia Muggenburger of Belmacz - one of my very favourite jewellers working today. Each piece incorporates vintage elements sourced by Julia on her globetrotting adventures.

Roman Still Life
Music Note
Morgenstern
Joie Double
Schlemmer

I had the pleasure of meeting Julia a while back. She gave me a tour of her plush showrooms on Mount Street in Mayfair and told me all sorts of weird and wonderful stories about the pieces she has created over the years. My favourite was about the queen's former dentist who commissioned Julia to make him a ring using a piece of green jade. He eventually lost it in the sea on holiday. Bummer. Julia is eccentric in the very best sense of the word - quirky, wildly creative and very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment